The Inclusive Education Project aims to support young post primary Traveller students, to complete 2nd level education by addressing the barriers that have been identified across the Midlands.
Supports available through this programme:
- A study support hub for students with healthy snacks provided.
- Transport to and from the Study Hub
- One to one individual tailored interventions and personal development plans.
- Supports to schools through Intercultural training workshops for teachers/students.
- Educational/Academic/Literacy Supports
- School visits for student support
- Advocacy and mediation for the students in the schools.
- Access to culturally sensitive support workers, counsellors, social workers, etc.
- Day Trips
- Personal Development Workshops
- Encourage integration with local community activities and youth services
- Provide and train peer to peer mentors for the project.
- Support anti-discrimination and equality in the education system
- Encourage parental engagement
If you would like to know more or get involved in this programme, contact:
This project is a collaboration between Offaly Traveller Movement and Ballycommon Telework & Training Centre. It is funded by Rethink Ireland through The Equity in Education Fund 2022 for three years.