Our Vision Offaly Traveller Movement believes in a vision where all Travellers are respected, involved and equal members of Irish society and empowered to be their best selves to build a strong, inclusive community.
Our Mission Offaly Traveller Movement is a human rights, Traveller-led organisation dedicated to enhancing the quality of life and wellbeing of all Travellers. We advocate for fairness, equality and social justice for Travellers in all areas of our work.
Our Core Values As an organisation, our values are:
- Respect – Our staff are open minded, supportive and prepared to welcome people into our service and to listen to their needs
- Empowerment – We empower our clients to help them achieve their goals and support them to be advocates for themselves, their families and their community
- Community-led – Our service is led and part of the community in Offaly, and we act in service of the Traveller community
- Responsive to need – As an organisation, we strive to work thoughtfully and quickly to issues and concerns in the community and to collaborate with our partners to find the right solutions
- Anti-discrimination – We recognize how historical and intergenerational racism towards Travellers has affected the lives and wellbeing of our community. We will actively challenge any discriminatory or racist attitudes or practices we find
- Inclusive – Our staff will work to be inclusive of all people, no matter their background or identity
- Collaborative – We work closely and acknowledge the valuable contributions of both local and national organisations who are our commitment to full equality of Travellers in Irish society