Position: Local Training Initiative Assistant Coordinator
Offaly Traveller Movement (OTM) is a Traveller-led community development organisation, working to address issues facing Travellers in the region including, health, accommodation, youth, education, cultural and ethnic identity and human rights. A vibrant and dynamic human rights organisation which currently has 19 members of staff from various disciplines, OTM currently seeks a dynamic and capable person to take up the position of Local Training Initiative Assistant Coordinator.
The purpose of this post will be:
- To assist in the set-up, development and implementation of a Local Training Initiative for Offaly Traveller Movement in partnership with the LOETB.
This post will be full-time, 39 hours per week, subject to funding from the LOETB. There may be an option for part time position.
The successful applicant will be required to have:
- A third level academic qualification and/or recognised training qualification
- Experience of working with groups and on a one-to-one basis
- Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated capacity to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Experience of report writing; funding proposals, applications, evaluation reports etc.
- Excellent administration and IT skills
- A good understanding of Traveller issues, particularly in relation to education and long-term unemployment
- High level of motivation, proactivity and flexibility
- Flexible, enthusiastic and reliable
- Full clean drivers’ licence
Please see detailed Job Description and Person Specification attached.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a CV and detailed cover letter outlining qualifications, experience and skills specific to the position to the Managing Director at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This position is subject to Garda Vetting and reference checks
Closing Date: Wednesday 25th August 2021 at 5pm
Applications by e-mail only and by the date and time above. Late applications will not be accepted. Interviews will take place on Wednesday 8th September 2021
The position is subject to ongoing funding
OTM is an equal opportunities employer